The Peninsula Medical Foundation is committed to protecting your personal data. Please read this policy carefully to understand how we collect, use, and store your personal data.
Contact details of the Peninsula Medical Foundation
Personal data collected by PMF
The information we collect from you directly or from third parties with whom we work, may include:
- email address
- telephone number
- contact preferences
- marketing preferences
- bank account details for setting up a regular direct debit
- payment card details for processing credit card payments
- taxpayer status for claiming Gift Aid
- date of birth or age to confirm you are over 18.
We collect the following information about you when you visit our website:
- IP address
- Date and time of the request
- Content of the request
- Website from which the request came
How we get the personal information and why we have it
The personal information we process is provided to us by you and with your consent. It may be collected from you electronically and on paper; from the PMF website; by email, text, letter; and at fundraising and marketing events. It is collected for one of the following reasons:
- To add you to our mailing list
- To add you to our database
- To process donations, gifts, and Gift Aid
- To send you information about events, marketing, and fundraising, including our newsletter
- For internal records, including donations, feedback, or complaints
- To analyse and improve the content and operation of our website
- To analyse and improve our internal business processes.
Under the UK General Data Protection Regulation (UK GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- Your consent. You can remove your consent at any time. You can do this by contacting our administrator (see contact information at the top of this policy).
- We have a legitimate interest.
Third parties and your information
We use third party providers to deliver some of our services to you. We never sell your information to third parties. The following third parties are used:
- University of Plymouth
- Peninsula Medical School
- Mailchimp for email marketing and communication
- Donorfy CRM to store your contact details, donations, and communication preferences
- JustGiving to collect donations, gifts, and Gift Aid
- HMRC to process Gift Aid payments
- NatWest bank to process payments.
Updating your information or preferences
Under data protection law, you have the following rights:
- Your right of access – You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification – You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure – You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing – You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing – You have the the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability – You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to find out what information we hold about you (Subject Access Request), or would like to update your information or marketing preferences, or if you no longer wish to receive our correspondence, please email email@example.com or write to Peninsula Medical Foundation, c/o Metherell Gard, The Old Memorial Hall, Looe, PL13 1PN.
If you wish to make a complaint please email firstname.lastname@example.org and include the term “complaint” in the subject heading, write to Peninsula Medical Foundation, c/o Metherell Gard, The Old Memorial Hall, Looe, PL13 1PN. We will acknowledge your email within 2 days and provide an initial response within 15 days. (These times are to take account of absence due to annual leave etc.)